At Watauga Orthopaedics, we understand that coming into a busy practice can sometimes be a little overwhelming, especially when your visit may have resulted in a lot of new information.
Do you need further testing, surgery, or physical therapy? Something about scheduling an MRI? Exercises that need to be done how many times a day? So much information can be given that it is often difficult to recall all that was discussed.
In order to help with this common problem, we would like to invite to you to set up a direct link to your medical records, as well as your doctor, nurse, and scheduler at our practice.
Visit our Patient Login at the top of the page to sign up for our patient portal.
Are you still unsure about our portal? Let us explain a few things you can do via the patient portal:
- Do you ever wake up in the middle of the night or on the weekend and remember that you needed to make an appointment? Log on to our patient portal and schedule it yourself! If your doctor doesn’t offer this service via the portal, you can still send us a message and one of our schedulers will call you to set up an appointment.
- Did your provider discuss surgery with you and you came up with a few more questions over the weekend? Log on to our patient portal and send your provider your questions. The provider or their assistant will get back with you via the portal. You don’t have to worry about your questions being recorded wrong when you call, and you don’t have to wait until the end of the provider’s clinic (at the end of the day) for a call back. They check messages and reply to them all day.
- Did you forget to ask for a refill of your medications? You may request a refill on the patient portal. Again, you don’t have to leave a message on a voicemail and wait. Your portal message goes straight to the provider, and they or their nurse will send it to your pharmacy or contact you if it needs to be picked up at your office.
- Are you wondering if your MRI, surgery, or other test(s) have been approved yet? Send us a message through the patient portal, and we will let you know.
- Would you like to pay on your account? You may do so via the patient portal. It’s quick and painless and helps you avoid being put on hold on a phone call. You can also easily check the status of your bills and payments just by logging in.
- Have you forgotten when your next appointment is? Log in to the patient portal to find out. Your next appointment is almost always posted on the home screen of your portal.
Other things you can do in the portal include:
- Review your health history
- Update your patient demographics, including your insurance information
- Check in for your appointment up to two days ahead of time
- View your family member’s patient portal via family access
- Schedule your own appointment
At this time, any of your test results (MRI, CT) do not show on the patient portal. This decision was made because our doctors like to go over test results personally with you during your next visit. This allows them the opportunity to discuss treatment options with you face-to-face, as well as to show you the MRI scan if they feel it will better explain your condition.
If you wish to register for the patient portal, there is no need to call us. Register now!
Watauga Orthopaedics’ Patient Portal is hosted by our electronic health records vendor athenahealth. You find out more about athenahealth at www.athenahealth.com.